Saturday, November 2, 2013

Week recap

We finally got something out of the way that I've been wanting to do for awhile now...transportation!


This sweet 1966 Rolls Royce is what my dad and I will be arriving to the church in. I wish the church wasn't just 7 blocks away! Would have been fun to go for a long ride in that thing. 

We decided to go with Camelot Limo as the price they offered us for what we needed was lower than the other company we had checked out, that I mentioned in the other post. Since the day-of transportation is generously being taken care of by Jonathan's parents, the final decision rested with them, in terms of what deal to get. They let us pick the cars, of course. They rock! Many thanks to them for helping us. 

So here's the time-line. Mass starts at 2pm so the guys will be picked up in a party bus at Jonathan's house at 1pm and taken to the church. It takes about 20 minutes by car, give or take, from his house in Forest Hills to my house in Woodside. 


Not a bad ride, huh?

After the guys are dropped off, the bus will swing around to get the girls at my house, and my mom and the rest of the family will hop in to go to the church. 

We are having a Mass not just a ceremony so it will take about 45 minutes. With the receiving line, pictures, etc. we figure we will be headed to Long Island around 4pm. Jonathan and I will ride in the party bus with everyone else. From Woodside, it takes about 40 minutes without traffic to get to where Chateau Briand is. The biggest question to answer right now is where are we going to take pictures in between the church and the reception. It gets dark around 6pm  so really we have a good hour for pictures. I feel bad making the Mass at 2 when that's such a huge gap between church and reception but any later, we would be outta luck for pictures. I love Chateau Briand but it's not like Marina Del Rey where there's a big outdoor space for pictures. (Side note: I sometimes tease Jonathan that we should have had it at the Marina because he was always comparing everything to it, since his sis & bro-in-law got married there and it was nothing short of fantastic.) Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm just happy transportation has been taken care of! And I must say, Samantha, the woman we dealt with at Camelot was so nice and personable. 


Two years ago on this past October 30th, I was a part of Anthony and Gina's wedding. It was such a fun day that I want recap it another time. I remember the excitement leading up to it very well. Would you believe it had snowed the night before? It was fitting too, which I'll explain in that recap.


In other October related news, Halloween with this guy is never a dull moment. Jonathan really wanted to dress up as the Joker from the TV series circa 1966. I opted to be Harley Quinn to complete the duo. It was fun putting on the white face stuff...not so much taking it off at 3AM, lol. We went to a local bar in Glendale called YerMan's that always throws a costume party/contest. We ended up winning best couple costume for the second year in a row!


Last year we went as Alice and the Mad Hatter and in 2010, as Popeye and Olive Oyl! (I was sick for the party in 2011 and skipped out.)




Next year for Halloween, we will be in Hawaii and dressed as newlyweds. Sweeeeet.




2 comments:

  1. we LOVED camelot, but they were already booked for our wedding day so we couldn't use them...great choice though!! Love your Halloween costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! So far, no preferred vendor has told us they're booked on our day, which is my fear.

      And thanks :)

      Delete