Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Another year older

Been slacking on the updates ever since I got the complete series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for my birthday, thanks to Jonathan! Well that, and things have been pretty low-key lately.

Turning 28 on the 8th of this month was relatively painless (the pain part being two years shy of 30!). Jonathan took me to London Lennie's for dinner, a fantastic restaurant on Woodhaven Blvd. They were having a dinner special so I opted for the limited menu and, as I am notorious for doing, ended up wishing I had went with the salmon instead of the fried fish platter. The point of this story? I don't know, lol. Just acknowledging that bad habit of regretting my dinner choices!

Afterwards, Jonathan had invited a few of our friends out. It was a last minute thing that he decided to do the week before. But on a short notice, I enjoyed the company of those who came out!



Here are some wedding related things that have happened in the past few weeks:

Honeymoon - We started off with putting a deposit on NCL's 7-day Hawaiian cruise around the islands. We will be there November 1-8. (Starting the honeymoon one age and ending it a year older. Awesome! Or not.) As I had mentioned, my dad called for us since my parents have gone so often, they are phone buddies with one of the travel agents for NCL, lol. Both my dad and the agent urged us to upgrade to a balcony room. Their arguments were hard to ignore, like the free breakfast every morning that you can eat while taking in the view from your room. I figure, when the heck will we get a chance to go to Hawaii again in the near future? Might as well do this trip right!

After that, we waited a bit and started booking the hotels, since reservations have opened up for next fall. So the hotel we're staying at for 2 days in Anaheim is booked for our Disney adventure, as well as the hotel (Waikiki Beach Marriott) in Oahu for 4 days.

Save the Dates - We ordered 100 save the dates with MagnetStreet that was supposed to ship out today but not sure what happened there. We're hoping to mail it out before December arrives and the Christmas card frenzy begins. We bought the address labels for the envelopes but are slacking on the actual printing them out part. Our return address labels are fall themed and cute (from Zazzle). I'll post a picture once they've been received by everyone.

With Thanksgiving approaching and Christmas coming at lightning speed, the wedding planning can take a nice break (well, once the save the dates are out.)

This Saturday, I am a bridesmaid for Natali, a childhood friend of mine. The wedding party is absolutely huge and Jonathan is one of the groomsmen, actually. The bride and groom come from a big European family. I remember, I think it was 1996 or so, I attended a family party (wedding?) for someone Nat's family knew. We did some big dance with everyone's arms linked, forming a circle. It left quite an impression on my eleven year old self, lol. It's going to be one big party Saturday. Looking forward to it! Both church and reception are located in New Jersey - will be a long, but joyous, day for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment