Saturday, October 26, 2013

One Year To Go!

One more year to go?!


Just kidding. Kind of.

In all reality, I wish it were today. Yesterday morning we both woke up and it really felt different. Like the countdown had officially begun. I know it will fly by and it makes me kind of sad. In the sense that there is all this excitement over the preparation and anticipation and it will be over before we know it. Yesterday flew by and I know that's what the day-of is going to be like. Another reminder not to take the process so seriously. In fact, I got great advice the other day about focusing more about preparing for marriage not preparing for your wedding. Makes sense!

Jonathan wrote a really sweet status yesterday that I just couldn't compete with. 




And this gem of a bit strip (created by my mom) is too funny not to share!




Last night, I met Jonathan after work and we ate at the Ollie's in Hell's Kitchen. We'll find any excuse to dine out so of course we went to eat and celebrate the date, lol. Not that sit down Chinese food is fancy but we wanted low-key. Which is not to knock the place. I love Ollie's! Then we went to this really cool arcade bar called Two Bit's Retro Arcade in the Lower East Side where you can drink and play all the video games that will take you down memory lane. Let's just say a lot of my quarters went to Mortal Kombat! It was a small crowd, just Chris M, Jonathan, myself, Kim and Vinnie.  But it was an appropriate night: we ate, we drank and we were merry. Sums up what this time next year will be like!

When we got back to the house, we saw this cake on the kitchen table. His parents are too cute!



In fun wedding news, we booked the photo booth for the reception. We decided to go with Ovation. Anthony and Gina had used them in 2011 (their anniversary is coming. Two years already?!) and Kim and Vinnie had used them last December. Jonathan and I agreed we liked it and went down to their office in Carle Place to do some face to face talking and make a deposit. They had a sample photo booth there, but we went with one of their other ones. After the meeting, I mentioned to my mom that we got it and she couldn't believe the price, lol. I thought it was reasonable but photo booths are something new to our parents' generation I suppose. Still though, it's worth it in my opinion. I feel it adds a little something, plus the photo strip makes for a great favor to take home. 


Next up: dropping off limo deposit and reserving a block of hotel rooms for guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment