Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Anthony and Bryn's Wedding - October 18, 2013

It took me a full weekend to recover from Anthony and Bryn's wedding....nothing says 'you're getting older' like a 48 hour hangover. But that only goes to show what a great time the wedding was! (Not that you need to drink to enjoy yourself but you know what I mean.)


Both ceremony and reception took place at the Sand Castle in Franklin Square. As I've mentioned before, it was high on my list of favorite places when we were doing our own search! It didn't disappoint. I like how they chose their wedding date - it is also their dating anniversary. So that day marked 7 years of being together! Pretty neat. We thought about doing that too, in the beginning of the planning that is, but our dating anniversary is February 27 and I feared a snowstorm or some other wintery mess.

Arriving there, we were pushing it time wise. We missed the hospitality hour that started an hour before the 6pm ceremony. We got there at 6:10 and it started maybe two or three minutes after that!! Talk about lucky. I was especially panicking in the car on the way over because Bryn had asked us to record the ceremony. (They didn't hire a videographer.) I would have felt horrible if we missed her walk down the aisle. Luckily, that was not the case at all and we were able to capture the whole thing for them.

Weather was a little chilly but bearable. I foolishly didn't bring a jacket that night but was comfortable enough without it. The ceremony was short but sweet with plenty of tears.







I love this last picture even though it was unintentional. I just got a new camera (the Mark II!) and it came with a 50mm. I don't have any other lenses at the moment and you can only do so much with the 50 in terms of action shots. But I like this picture anyway. It looks dreamy, which I'm sure is what their state of mind was as they walked down the aisle as newlyweds!

After that, we immediately went inside for the cocktail hour. 




Food wise, between cocktail hour and dinner, everything was delicious. My only regret was somehow losing my appetite come dinner. After three bites, I had them wrap it up to take home....and we left it hanging on the back of my chair! :'(

The bartender gave this drink to an older couple who looked so confused and laughed at the literal shot in their drink. 





After an hour, it was into the main ballroom for the reception. I admit, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. But that's because I was really enjoying myself so I guess that's not a bad reason.

Very cool seating chart!

I love this idea instead of a scrapbook! We may have to borrow that one :)


Haha love Anthony's face here...I think the DJ had just asked them how they were feeling tonight.

The first dance started off slow and sweet...


Then the music stopped and everyone turned to the DJ thinking he messed up or something. But in a heartbeat, the music was back and in a more upbeat tempo. Bryn and Anthony busted out with some fun moves!


Everyone's facial expressions were priceless!




In short, most entertaining first dance ever!



I love this candid capture of the groom.


...and this candid capture of the emcee's expression.

 Getting low for Shout...

...and back up again.

Us :)

Check this out. The groomsmens' very own Wrestling Buddies.




And then the cake cutting...



Father/daughter dance. Her father's expression is so sweet.




 Mother/son dance...



And the favors! They brewed their own beer. Pretty awesome, right?

Love love love photobooths! You better believe we will be having one as well.

On my way out, one of the workers at the Sand Castle was saying goodnight and perhaps I didn't hear him? Or maybe he was telling us to grab the beer. Whatever he was saying, I must have missed it because I look back and noticed he was throwing a couple of signs at me. ASL signs that is. I laughed and said I didn't sign fluently. I told him I was hard of hearing not deaf and then we must have just stood there for like five minutes throwing random signs at each other and chatting. That was a pretty amusing moment but he was really nice. 

All in all, a very memorable night. Congrats, Anthony and Bryn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment