Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Michele & Joseph's Wedding - October 5, 2013

This past Saturday, we attended the wedding of a family friend of Jonathan's. His family has known Michele's for many years. In fact, I think Jonathan was an usher in her brother's wedding many years ago. We attended both the ceremony and reception. Ceremony took place at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. And the reception was at Woodbury Country Club.

It's a different experience attending a wedding when you're deep in the middle of planning yours! I used to go to them and think this and that looked pretty....now it's more like "That's pretty...where can I get that? Could I use that?" lol. Even Jonathan admitted it was a different experience for him too. And that's saying a lot considering we've been to a lot of weddings in our time together. 

During the ceremony, I almost wished I had picked a smaller church like Our Lady of Mt. Carmel just because in size ours will swallow the amount of people who actually come. Then I realized that was silly because I know St. Sebastian's was the right choice. With Woodbury Country Club, I was extra curious since it was the one of two venues that were on our list but we didn't make it out to see. It was the perfect venue for them. For starters, I think there was almost 350 people there! I may be off but there really were a whole lot of people.

Cocktail hour was outdoors but there was an indoor tent set up with more food and a really cool 'photobooth' station. More like a red carpet set up with a photographer who was taking pictures and an assistant who was doing the printing. I thought that was so cool and right up Jonathan's alley since his nickname is 'Showtime' but we will probably stick to the regular kind of photobooth.

One of the things I remember is loving the DJ. I think they had four guys and an emcee who did a great job. Not only that but music selection was spot on. 

Picture time...

Michele's mom walked her down since her father passed away. It was a very touching moment. I love how they are holding hands. ::sniffle::

I love the wreath of flowers on the flower girls hair!! It's interesting how navy tends to photograph like black but that is the color I had planned to use and it doesn't really bother me. 

Loved the flower arrangements on the pews! 




Love this picture of the moms! The joy on their faces is unmistakable.

Beautiful tribute to her dad.





Haha love the groom's expression.


The groom's cake!



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding!!! I LOVE that groom's cake - looks like it was a great wedding, congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete