Thursday, September 26, 2013

13 month mark!

Yesterday, the 25th, we hit the 13th month mark....what the what!

We did get something wedding related done yesterday that was fun! My goal is to try to send save the dates out by the one year mark or at least before Thanksgiving. I had found a template on MagnetStreet awhile back but didn't know what we could do in terms of pictures. We had to agree on how many pictures we wanted to use (he wanted four, I thought one or two was enough) but in the end the template I fell in love with only had room for one picture. At first I think we thought we were going to use a Disney inspired picture, like this:



It would be kind of fun but I felt it would be too hyped up as a Disney wedding, which it's not, so I found this other great idea that involves pumpkins. And with the wedding being a few days shy of Halloween, this is the route we ended up going!

Oh and on that Disney note...of course there will be some Disney stuff incorporated...how can there not be! :-P Take a look at what I bought (for an insanely great price off of eBay!).


That is going to go in front of the cake! How perfect is that? The detailing on this is beautiful, although their features are kind of scary up close. I doubt anyone is going to be looking that close though!

So, the pumpkin idea. I found this website/picture back in August, after we had booked our date. 

(Pardon the screencap. I already had it saved to the computer, instead of searching for it on the site, lol)

I love love love this set up! Even though I'm going with more blues, white and oranges for the wedding, I don't see why one table can't have a fall color theme, as long as it's not in sight of the main ballroom. It won't look exactly like this but the inspiration is definitely drawn from it. I wanted to splurge on the pumpkins but the big ones were a whopping $125...meanwhile Michael's Arts & Crafts were doing something like this for only $40! I went back and forth about it and ultimately realized it would be a splurge that could be put to better use, so we went with Michael's. We apparently came at the right time because all month they had them for the regular price and yesterday when Jonathan and I went in to order them, they were on sale for $30 each! Not bad. We will definitely be taking save the date pictures once they come in :)

Yesterday was also the 4th time we have done the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. 


We have been walking since 2010 with the Esposito family, when Jenn, the oldest sister, passed away after an 11 month battle with leukemia. Kim is one of my bridesmaids and I've gotten to know the Espo family over the years. They are some of the nicest people you could hope to meet and it sucks to know a disease like leukemia can strike anyone at any time. There is a fundraiser every September at CJ Sullivan's in Bayside (where Jonathan and I first met ironically enough!). The event is nicely put together with raffle prizes that you can bid on throughout the night. My winning streak remains intact after I took home the Halloween package earlier this month! But, take a look at the Team page if you're interested in helping a great cause: http://pages.lightthenight.org/nyc/Manhattn13/jennsteam



No comments:

Post a Comment