Tuesday, March 25, 2014

7 months to go!



Holy moly! How is it 7 months to the big day already? I woke up to a text from Jonathan reminding me of it. No coffee needed to wake up today!

March was a pretty eventful month. Our last big vendor to tackle was the flowers. Even though we had already found a place, we still had no idea what we wanted, what was needed, and all that lovely stuff. I learned that it doesn't have to be planned that far in advance, which is nice. With the help of the guy we are working with, we settled on fall colored roses, blue statice and red berries for the centerpieces (the bridesmaids will carry the same flowers as well.) That was one of the silly things I "stressed" over, what colors the flowers should be. Back in the beginning, someone had told me (or I read it) that they really make or break the room. That it sets the tone for it. Talk about pressure! I didn't want a boring looking room. Then again, a week later I am sure no one will remember what colors the flowers were! So needless to say, I can sleep in peace over this.

Another thing that got 'checked off' the big ol' to-do list was ordering the bridesmaid dresses. A few of them got a head start this month on getting them. They are going to be stunners the day of if they look great just trying it on! Check Kim and Tiffany out.




We had our food tasting done pretty early, because well, why not? Two weeks ago, my mom joined Jonathan and I on a Monday evening to taste test Chateau Briand's food. We were not disapppointed. Everything we tried was so good.



 A few appetizers...

 A few main courses...


 And some dessert!


Couldn't pass up playing around at our table in the main ballroom!


Another thing we've been working on this month, that I am very excited for, are the invitations! I have been working with Jessica at Whimsy B Paperie. If you click the name, it's a link to check out their work. They also have an Etsy shop you can order from. Since the office is based in Long Island, I figured I would go have an in-person consultation. I wanted Jonathan to come with me because he makes quicker decisions than I do, haha, plus I trust his opinions. I don't want to spoil what they will look like but I absolutely love it!! It does take awhile, the whole process. It looks something like this: you have the consultation, pick the design you want, leave a deposit. Once the deposit is left, you fill out the order form with the wording and the details like color, design, etc. It's more tedious than it sounds because it's a detail oriented order form. Even though there were times I was driving myself nuts figuring out the wording, I still enjoyed it. Once you submit the order form (which I just did last night after a week of having it!) she will get to work on it. Once we approve the design, the remaining balance is due in full and she gets to work at making it, which takes about 4 weeks. Since we are not sending these out until August (right around Jonathan's birthday!), there is plenty of time. But I like to get it done early to avoid the stress of rushing and of course rush-fees. 

Speaking of details, this lovely unity candle that I had mentioned two posts ago, came in last month.



Up close

Just above the navy, you can see the crack in the candle stick. Thankfully the main one was perfect, which I would have felt bad needing to be replaced. The seller on Etsy, JaxDesigns27, was understanding and explained sometimes that can happen in shipment. She sent me another one immediately. Couldn't recommend her work more!

In non-wedding March related news, Ayla turned 3! 




She was adorable on her birthday. In the months prior to her birthday, I taught her to say "March 6" in response to "When is your birthday?" She shocked her dad when her mommy had her say it to him. Smart cookie :-) She also had us laughing when she was opening up all her gifts. "Too much Minnie!" she exclaimed. Priceless!




This month was also filled with different events like

Bottomless sangria...

 ...and brunch after getting the bridesmaids dresses!


 A 'cousin dinner' at Frost in Brooklyn. One of my favorites!


 Family dinners


And a very cool event just this past weekend. It was a reenactment of the "Enchantment Under the Sea" dance from the movie Back To The Future.


We went with our friends Anthony & Gina and the actors dressed as characters from the movie joined in our group photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment