Thursday, February 6, 2014

Getting things done!

Some miscellaneous wedding news:

- Two days ago, Jonathan spoke to Fr. Kevin over the phone, who became the new pastor of St. Sebastian's just last week and he was more than happy to marry us! Sweet! What's really ironic about all that is he was the priest I first had in mind to marry us anyway, but I figured it would be easier to use a current priest. Then Mnsgr. Hardiman surprised us by ending his run at our parish. When I heard Fr. Kevin was coming back as the new pastor, I was like no waaaay. Funny how it all played out! It was always important to me that one of us would be familiar with the priest and we both are, so that just worked really well.

- My wedding dress came in! And the veil as well! My mom and I were going to go this past Monday but if you're in New York, you know we're getting hit with snow day after snow days so there was no way we were venturing out in it. We rescheduled for this coming Monday, yippee!

- I settled on a bridesmaid dress but the hard part is finding a store that carries it for a decent price. Macy's has it for $265 and that's before alterations! I had to a double take. I am finding out quickly what's the norm nowadays for the cost of certain wedding things. It's crazy! There are a few stores  that carry it for a better price so this month's big "to-do" is finding a store that can tailor to all the girls' budget and location. I know I posted the picture in the last post but here is a visual reminder:



- I have my hair trial this month with Angela of Angela's Hair Design. I drool over her work that I see on her Instagram page. I'm not 100% sure what I want (can't decide if I want it all up or half up) but I trust she'll do a great job either way. Her website is here: Angela's Hair Design 

- Speaking of hair, my headpiece came in right on time. Thanks to my amazing mom for this beauty!



- We have another invitation appointment on March 1st with a company I'm really excited about, out in LI. Check out their website: Whimsy B. Designs (Isn't that crazy we have to start thinking about invitations already?!)

- On March 10th, we have the food tasting at our venue. Few things get us as excited as food does, lol.  

- I ordered our unity candle from a vendor named JaxDesigns27. Click the name to see her work! I know unity candles seem like a waste of a purchase when you're only going to use them once but I have a hard time saying "no" to anything personalized! She sent me the proof and I love love love it. I can't wait to see how it turns out.


- At the end of January, we attended a Sip & Scan event at the Macy's in Herald Square. I came prepared with a list of what we'd need but they also provided us with one when we arrived. The drinks were not cocktails but they were still very good (I guess they don't want you to be stumbling around their store drunk!), and small finger sandwiches and snacks. I did not plan to register 9 months out, but when I heard about the event, I said why not. I'd say it was exciting for about the first hour then we lost steam, lol. Luckily it's easy to manage online so going into the store every time you want to add or delete something is not necessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment